Flooring Installations 101: Tips and Techniques
To make things easy & seamless for you, we’ve put together a few tips regarding what to expect and how to prepare for installations! Starting with general tips, expanding all the way to specific details – we’ve gathered all the information you need to know for your installation to run smoothly!
- Please let us know if it is okay to park in your driveway or not.
- Please tarp you floors.
- There will be dust/noise (but it’ll be worth it ☺)
- Kids, pets, and curious clients should steer clear of work area.
- Your installer will arrive during your scheduled window of installation (we cannot promise an exact arrival time).
- Don’t judge your project before it’s grouted!
- There may be grout residue.
- DO NOT step on floor during, and 48 hours after, installation. Please respect the installer’s workspace.
- We are not responsible for damage that occurred during take-up of existing counters (i.e., drywall damage from removing an existing granite splash).
Wood & Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)
- Wood or LVT must be delivered 48 hours prior to installation
- It must be stored inside the home, but not in the room where it is being installed as this will create unnecessary work for installer.
- It may not be stored in a garage or three-season room.
- Carpet may appear crushed down at first due to being rolled up.
- DO NOT use heat for 30 days (the installers WILL TEST to ensure the system is working properly).